Swim Team Membership
Swim Team Eligibility
All dependents of Cardinal Hill Swim and Racquet Club members and approved users who meet the following age and ability requirements are eligible and encouraged to try out for the swim team:
- A swimmer MUST be between the ages of five and eighteen.
- Passes the Stroke Test: at the swim team tryout, the swimmer MUST be able to swim one length (25 meters) of FREESTYLE and one length (25 meters) of BACKSTROKE without stopping.
- Demonstrate Endurance: Swimmers, ages 5 - 8, must be able to swim a cumulative total of 8 - 20 laps in one 45-minute practice and swimmers, ages 9-12, will typically swim a cumulative total of 20 - 40 laps in one 60-minute practice.
- The coaches may make exceptions for those swimmers who do not satisfy the conditions for the tryout outlined in #2 but whose stroke mechanics are sound and whom they also believe will be able to handle the endurance requirements for their age group.
- A swimmer MUST be able to tread water for 1 minute.
- A swimmer MUST be able to float on their back for 1-minute.
Swim Team Enrollment
All swimmers must register using our online registration form. No one can participate in meets until the enrollment form and the associated registration fee have been received.
First swimmer $75; each additional swimmer $60, payable at registration. First year swimmers (not Mini-Cardinals) will also incur a $10 awards fee (one time only). All fees are used for swim caps, tee shirts, and to offset the cost of some team social events.
Refunds by June 12 will be less a $5 processing fee. If a refund is requested after T-shirts are ordered, refunds will also be less $10 for the price of the shirt. No refunds will be given for personalized silicone caps. No refunds will be given after June 12.
Tryouts for all NEW swimmers will be held on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 between 4:30 – 6:30pm.
For those swimmers who are not quite ready for the rigors of swim team, we offer the following options:
Group Swim Lesson Program:
There will be three 2-week sessions and class placement evaluations will take place on the Monday of every new session. Please see our Swim Lesson Program page for details regarding lesson levels and registration.
Private Swim Lessons
Private swim lessons, provided by the assistant swim coaches, lifeguards, and pool managers are available to assist swimmers in developing stroke proficiency. These lessons are arranged by contacting the instructors directly and arranging for the time and dates of the lessons. Rates for private swim lessons are negotiated directly with the instructors.