B Meet Eligibility
B Meets are developmental meets. Swimmers can earn ribbons for placing either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd AND for participation.
Please be aware of the following B Meet Eligibility Rules:
- Swimmers may swim a MAXIMUM of TWO events
- The swimmer MUST be able to LEGALLY swim the stroke featured in the event.
- If a swimmer placed 1st or 2nd in the most recent prior A meet, they will swim as "Unofficial" (not eligible to earn a place ribbon) and may not swim the strokes in which they placed 1st or 2nd.
- If a swimmer placed 3rd in the most recent prior A meet, they may not swim the stroke in which they placed 3rd but can swim officially and place in events featuring other strokes.
- If a swimmer did not attend the most recent prior A meet, their eligibility for the B meet is determined by their performance in the A meet in which they most recently participated. (There may be exceptions to this rule if discussed and permitted by the team reps from BOTH participating teams.)
Simple formatted text