Swim Practice 2020 - Overview
Swim Practice Guidance - Phase 3
For Phase 3, the state has removed the restriction on the number of swimmers per lane. However, we still are required to maintain 10 feet of physical distance between each swimmer. This spacing requirement allows for 4 - 5 swimmers per lane in the 6-lane, 25-meter pool.
We will continue to use the walking/swimming 15-meter lanes in the Main Pool that can accommodate a maximum of 2 walkers/swimmers per lane. These lanes will be used as overflow to reduce the number of swimmers in the 25-meter lanes. Additionally, these lanes will be used to help swimmers improve their stroke technique and also to introduce fun alternatives to the traditional swim sets used in a 25-meter pool.
All swimmers MUST bring a SIGNED copy of their DAILY HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE to practice EVERY DAY!
- Click HERE to download a copy of the Daily Health Questionnaire.
- Swimmers who do not bring a signed copy of the Questionnaire to practice will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Alternate Day Practice Schedule
The Phase 3 requirement to maintain 10 feet of physical distance between each swimmer limits the total number of swimmers allowed in the pool. Consequently, we will continue dividing our swimmers into TWO Alternate Day Groups:
- Group MWF (Monday-Wednesday-Friday)
- Group TTS (Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday)
Your swimmer's assigned practice session MAY HAVE CHANGED. Additionally, each practice session is longer than in Phase 2. The practice times for each group are listed below. (The ages of MOST swimmers in each session are indicated in parentheses.)
Group MWF (Mon-Wed-Fri)
- 8:00 - 9:10 AM - Session 1 (15 -18)
- 9:20 - 10:30 AM - Session 2 (13 - 14)
- 10:40 - 11:50 AM - Session 3 (11 - 12)
Group TTS (Tues-Thurs-Sat)
- 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Session 4 (11 - 12 and 9 - 10)
- 9:10 - 10:00 AM - Session 5 (9 -10)
- 10:10 - 10:55 AM - Session 6 (8 & Under)
- 11:05 - 11:50 AM - Session 7 (8 & Under)
Criteria for Practice Assignments
The coaching staff took into account the following considerations when assigning swimmers to practices:
- Swimmer ability
- Friend/peer relationships
- Sibling and carpool arrangements
Requests to Change Practice Assignments
We recognize that some swimmers and/or parents may need or desire to change their swimmer's assigned practice.
We ask that you allow one full week of practice to occur before making a practice change request. The coaches will be evaluating attendance and the mix and performance of the swimmers during this time. The coaching staff may initiate a practice change based on these observations, and those requests will be made via email.
After the first week of practice has ended, parents should direct request via email to Coach Mike (email@example.com). When a practice change request is made by a parent, the coaches will try their best to accommodate practice change requests, particularly those that are need-based.
Practice Start Date
- Wednesday, July 1st
Practice End Date
- TBD (depending on swimmer interest, practices may extend through August)
Swimmer Practice Assignments
- Please click HERE to view the Practice Session to which your swimmer has been assigned.