Swim Practice 2021
Swimmers should arrive at the pool 5 - 10 minutes before their practice’s scheduled start time, and be prepared to jump into the pool (caps and goggles on) promptly at the beginning of practice.
JUNE 2 - JUNE 11 (MON - FRI)
- 4:00 - 5:15 PM: Ages 13-14 and 15-18
- 5:15 - 6:15 PM: Ages 9 - 12
- 6:15 - 7:00 PM: Ages 8 & Under
JUNE 14 - JULY 30 (MON - FRI)
- 9:00 - 10:15 AM: Ages 13-14 and 15-18
- 10:15 - 11:15 AM: Ages 9 - 12
- 11:15 - 12:00 PM: Ages 8 & Under
JUNE 14 - JULY 30 (TUE - WED - THUR)
- 5:00 - 6:00 PM
- This practice is intended for swimmers who cannot attend their morning practice.
- Swimmers of all ages can attend this 1-hour session.
- Only 2 coaches attend this practice.
- Swimmers are typically grouped by ability rather than age.
- Swimmers may not receive as much individualized attention due to the limited number of coaches and mixed-age groupings.
CRITERIA FOR PRACTICE ASSIGNMENTS
The coaching staff took into account the following considerations when assigning swimmers to practices:
- Swimmer ability
- Friend/peer relationships
- Sibling and carpool arrangements
REQUESTS FOR PRACTICE CHANGES
We recognize that some swimmers and/or parents may need or desire to change their swimmer's assigned practice.
We ask that you allow one full week of practice to occur before making a practice change request. The coaches will be evaluating attendance and the mix and performance of the swimmers during this time. The coaching staff may initiate a practice change based on these observations, and those requests will be made via email.
After the first week of practice has ended, parents should direct request via email to Coach Mike (email@example.com). When a practice change request is made by a parent, the coaches will try their best to accommodate practice change requests, particularly those that are need-based.