Group Swim Lesson Registration Is Now OPEN
The Cardinal Hill Group Swim Lesson Program is designed to help your child enjoy the water and stay safe. All lessons are taught by trained instructors. All sessions last for 2 weeks and include nine 30-minute classes. Complete Description of Group Swim Lesson Program
SESSION DATES AND TIMES
All lessons will take place from 10:30 - 11:00 AM. Please have your swimmer at the pool 5-10 minutes prior to the beginning of each class.
- Evaluation for ALL Sessions: Monday, June 21
- Session 1: June 22 - July 2
- Session 2: July 5 - July 15 (July 16 - makeup rain date)
- Session 3: July 19 - July 29
- Mini Meet: July 30 (open to all swimmers from all sessions)
EVALUATION - MONDAY, JUNE 21
Swimmers registered for ALL Sessions will be evaluated for lesson placement on Monday, June 21. Parents should bring their swimmers to the pool at the following times based on the level that seems most appropriate for their swimmer. The levels of instruction are described below. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled start time:
- Level 4: 9:00 AM
- Level 3: 9:15 AM
- Level 2: 9:30 AM
- Level 1: 9:45 AM
If your swimmer is not able to attend the evaluation, he/ she will be evaluated on the first day of the session they attend. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early that day.
LEVELS OF INSTRUCTION
Please register for the level of instruction that you feel best describes your swimmer. Please note that certified instructors will be evaluating your swimmer to determine final placement. For Levels 1 & 2, we will strive to achieve a 3 swimmers per 1 instructor ratio (3:1). For Levels 3 & 4, we will strive to achieve a 4 swimmers per 1 instructor ratio (4:1).
Level 1 (Pre-Beginner)
- Swimmer will be acclimated to the water in a safe environment
- May or may not put their face in the water (will learn in class)
- Learn to kick & float with instructor assistance
Level 2 (Beginner)
- Swimmer must be able to submerge head & face in water before entering this level
- Begin working on fundamentals: floating, kicking, arm movement, successful forward progress
Level 3 (Novice)
- Swimmer should be comfortable in main pool shallow water
- Refine strokes to be effective & efficient swimmers - freestyle, backstroke, learn rhythmic breathing (breaststroke, freestyle)
- Begin work in deeper water (jumping, treading & diving)
Level 4 (Advanced)
- Swimmer should be able to swim two lengths of the lap pool without touching the bottom
- Students should be comfortable with deep water
- Stroke improvement & become stronger swimmers
- Learn how to perform a racing start from a dive
GROUP LESSON REGISTRATION
The registration window for Sessions 2-4 is from currently open.
The per swimmer cost for each session of instruction is $80.
Registration and payment is done through our SwimTopia portal, which can be accessed by clicking this link:
SwimTopia is also the portal used by the Swim and Dive Teams for registration. When you register your swimmer for Group Swim Lessons, under your email address, you are required to place a check the the box next to "Send team-wide email to this address." Currently, SwimTopia does not allow us to segregate our Swim and Dive Team members from our Group Swim Lesson swimmers. Consequently, you may receive emails sent to our Swim and Dive Team families. Simply disregard these emails. We apologize for this inconvenience.
The cut-off date to request a refund is the first day of the swim lesson session for which you have registered your swimmer. Once your child has been evaluated and assigned to a swim lesson class, no refunds will be given.
GROUP LESSON PROGRAM DIRECTOR
All questions regarding the Group Lesson Program should be directed to the Program Director, Alyssa Knauf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
DO NOT click the above registration link if you are interested in private swim lessons for your swimmer. Instead, you may register for private lessons at the Main Entrance to the pool by entering your swimmer's name and your contact information in the Private Swim Lesson Binder.
Private swim lessons are provided by certified lifeguards and swim team coaches. You may request a specific lifeguard or coach as an instructor when registering for private lessons. If the lifeguard or coach agrees to conduct the private lesson(s), they will contact you directly to create a lesson schedule and to determine the cost of each lesson. If the requested lifeguard or coach is unable to provide the private lesson, another available lifeguard or coach will contact you.